Navigating Complex Problems is part of our Tactical Learning series of hands-on experiential workshops.
Overlap helps make things matter. Using our unique approach to learning, you gain practical tools and techniques that you can use immediately when you get back to work. Bring your lunch and learn something new.
Navigating Complex Problems
Learn how to approach a tough problem in new ways.
This Tactical Learning workshop helps you understand three practical tools that are the building blocks for taking steps through a complex problem. The techniques taught in this workshop will give you the confidence to lead stakeholders and colleagues through a structured meeting or discussion.
By the end of the Tactical Learning workshop you will know how to:
- Navigate the beginning of a complex problem, break it down into pieces and feel progress in your discussions
- Identify new areas of focus in a tough problem
- Effectively use stakeholder and colleague time
- Use visual techniques to promote better understanding and create clarity
- Facilitate a group discussion using the tools
Anyone who wants to learn new ways to approach tough problems, expand your tactical toolbox, and grow your professional network.
A hands-on practical learning experience with tools and worksheets, as well as facilitation notes and guides for individual and group work. You will work with fellow participants to learn together using practical tools and techniques that you can bring back to work the very same day.
- Learn from the leading design thinking company in Canada
- Experience Overlap's unique approach to practical learning
- Experiment with tools and techniques in a safe space
- Collaborate in experiential learning with diverse participants and expand your network
- Understand how these tools are applied to real problems across Canada
Learn about and apply new tools and methods by collaborating in teams with the guidance of an Overlap facilitator.
The complete list of Tactical Learning workshops includes:
- Navigating Complex Problems
- Defining a Problem—How to Start
- Engagement—Run Better Community Meetings
- Engagement—Ask Better Questions
- Designing Alignment—Vision & Goal Setting
- How to Get and Use Actionable Feedback
- What is Design Thinking?